Thirsk by train
Thirsk by train – February 2017
Plan your journey to Thirsk by train
Thirsk railway station
- Live train arrivals and departures
- Train journey planner that covers all of the UK
- Map of all the railways in the United Kingdom
- Traveline Yorkshire gives you local and UK-wide public transport options
- Other maps you might need for journey planning.
The main train line from London to Edinburgh passes through Thirsk station, 1.3 miles (2.1km) from the centre of the town. It takes about 4 minutes to drive or 30 minutes to walk.
Only trains operated by Grand Central (London-Sunderland) and TransPennine Express (Manchester Airport-Newcastle & Manchester Airport-Middlesbrough) stop at Thirsk station. For other routes a change of train is needed, often in York or Northallerton.
Most trains pass through Thirsk without stopping but there are direct trains to Thirsk from London, Durham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, York, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and other places en-route.